Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Lazy Blogger; Confusion Reigns

Months. It's been months. And I knew it too. Usually, I don't realize how much time has passed, but I even knew how lazy I was being on this thing. Well, here goes.

I've been making drawings for my cards and trying to figure out how in the world to get these ballyhoos printed. Good grief it's complicated. Okay. No, it's not. If you have oodles of money to spread around, it's easy. But when you're not just budget conscious, but budgetless conscious it takes some creativity.

My old faithful buddy Lynne has been a constant support and unbelievable good adviser. We haven't figured a ding-dong thing out, but we at least keep trying and somehow - despite all the other things she is trying to do - she is managing to keep me from just giving up.

I read the other day about this dude who went to the National Stationery Show with 16 card designs and now he and another guy are employed full-time with his little company, trying to come up with 24 new card designs in the next 12 months. ha ha ha! That blows my mind! We have so many card designs we don't know what to do (the Lord has set my drawing fingers on FIRE!) and we're trying to decide if we need to reserve designs in order to limit how much money we're going to have to sink into getting the initial runs printed. Sixteen designs. Humph. Sixteen designs is a Saturday afternoon spent in the studio. Sixteen designs.

Anyway, obviously, there's a grouch sitting here typing this today. What is YOUR prescription for being at a crossroad where you have no idea of what you're doing, but you're hell-bent on doing it anyway?

I'm signed up for market next May. I have our hotel room. We almost have our booth designed and a lot of it is constructed. We have lots of card designs in the works. But I don't have a clue as to what to do next. It's hard to get any reliable information about what to expect... so we go from expecting the moon to expecting the grave. Makes me plum tard.

Blessings to all and love love love, d.

P.S. Check out my new humongous signature next to my drawing here. This was Picasso's advice: Sign your name big.

No comments: